With 4 kids, it’s hard to make something everyone will like. To make it worse, it’s harder to get veggies in them.
Tonight I hit a home run with my porkchops, pasta and spinach.
Two weeks ago I bought a few family size packages of porkchops. I opened all the packages and divided them up. I used large, gallon sized freezer bags and filed each bag with different spices. I added a little bit of water to mix the seasonings up. I then placed each pile of meat into a separate baggie. I have a bag with curry spices. I have a bag with chili lime spices. I even have lemon pepper spices, to name a few.
Tonight I used the chili lime chops.
Preheat oven 425°
- Season 5-6 chops to your preference
- Lightly grease baking sheet with olive oil
- Lightly dust baking sheet with onion powder and parsley flake’s
- Place chops on baking sheet and cook for 25 mins or until no longer pink in center
By baking them at this temp, it allows the outside to brown and still be very juicy. I don’t cover my chops and they still were tender and moist.
Pasta recipe :
I used tricolor veggie bow tie pasta.
- Boil pasta according to your preference (I add a bit of salt)
- Drain pasta
- Return drained pasta to stovetop
- Add 1 1/2 cups of milk to pan
- Add 1 cup of shredded mild cheddar cheese
- Add 1 1/2 cups of shredded Italian blend cheese
- Add 1 tsp garlic powder
- Gently mix all ingredients in the pan until cheese becomes a rock sauce
- Add 1 cup of chopped spinach and cook until just wilted
Serve with another side or eat as is.
The kids aren’t big spinach eaters, but managed to gobble this down.
I also served it with a strawberry and mango pink lemonade drink.
I think the pasta would be great with some diced chicken breasts added to it.
Let me know your thoughts.