My kids went back to school on Tuesday and the joy that filled my heart was out of this world. I love my kids with ALL my heart, but they can not only work a nerve, but gang jump that nerve and make that nerve their bitch. But those are my babies!
Here are a few phrases I won’t miss now that my darlings are back in school:
- I’m bored: My 6 year old managed to say this as soon as she woke up. Before breakfast. While at the playground. While eating a snack. While watching TV. While at the beach. In her sleep.
- Can I have a snack?: I feed my kids, and I don’t mind giving them a snack between meals, but these kids think they should have an after snack snack. In their mind their feeding schedule should go as follows:
- Snack, breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack, snack, dinner, dessert, snack
- It’s my turn for the remote! : I try to limit TV time for my kids, but with the new baby and juggling everything with my full time job, I’d sometimes let them watch TV a lot more than I’d like. We have a total of 7 TVs in this house. 3 with cable. 4 with Roku/Chromecast. They choose to fight over 1 TV. *sigh* I usually end the fighting by telling them to turn it off and find something to do that doesn’t involve a TV.
- It’s hot outside! : IT’S SUMMER!!!!!
- Why? : This is a year round phrase, but during the summer it popped up more often. It didn’t matter what I said to them, they’d ask why. And it wasn’t a disrespectful why all the time. They just needed to know EVERYTHING.
- Me: Get dressed. Them: Why? Me: Because I’m selling you to the highest bidder. Them: Why? Me: Because you ate all my snacks! NOW GET DRESSED!
Me and baby Ken are going to try to enjoy our time alone as best we can. I know a closed school day is lurking around the corner!
Check out our video!